Ok. Have you ever been there? Running late, need to get dinner on the table, struggling to do the laundry and exhausted from a long day?? Well, that is exactly how I found myself the other night. This recipe was the perfect cure. Once you do the prep, you just leave it alone and in an hour, you have a perfect, homemade, healthy dinner. I simply baked potatoes in the oven while it was cooking and then it was done! The flavor is phenomenal without extra fat and calories. The meat comes out tender and juicy from the tented cooking process. You could definitely do this recipe for a crowd and just increase the cooking time and ingredient volumes.
1.5 Pork Loin
2 Large Garlic Cloves, Thinly Sliced
1 Small Yellow Onion
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut the onion into 1/4" rings. Line the bottom of a baking dish with the onion rings, leaving just a few to place on top of the roast.
3. Use the tip of a knife to make slits throughout the roast by simply pressing down into the meat. Carefully place the thin slices of the garlic inside the slits. Place the loin on top of the onions in the baking dish.
4. Liberally sprinkle the top of the loin with dry seasonings.
5. Place the reserved onion rings on top of the seasoned pork.
6. Tightly cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
7. Bake for 50 minutes. Allow to rest on the counter, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.