Well, for those of you familiar with my site, you know that pulled pork is an obsession in my household. We experiment with different sauces, cooking techniques, pork cuts, and dry rubs. One thing is for sure, no matter who we are entertaining, there is a pulled pork recipe for their taste! This recipe features a thick, tomato-based sauce with a hint of brown sugar and spice.
2 Pound Pork Loin
1/2 Cup Ketchup
1/4 Cup Yellow Mustard
1/4 Cup White Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
1 teaspoon Dried Onion Flakes
1/2 Cup Water
1. Place the pork loin in the slow cooker, fat side up.
2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
3. Pour the sauce over the loin making sure to completely coat the meat.
4. Place the lid on the slow cooker.
5. Cook on HIGH for 4 1/2 hours or on LOW for 7 hours.
6. After the meat has cooked, use a fork and pull the pork into long threads.
7. Completely coat in the sauce and allow to sit for an additional 20 minutes, allowing the sauce to soak into the pork.
8. Serve and enjoy!