15 oz Canned Black Beans, Drained
1/4 Cup Finely Minced Yellow Onion
1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Baby Spinach
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2 teaspoons Sriracha Hot Sauce
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
3/4 Cup Plain Bread Crumbs
2 Tablespoons Oil (for cooking)
4 Sandwich Rolls
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the beans, onion, spinach, garlic, Sriracha, egg, salt and pepper. Using your hands, work the bread crumbs into the mixture and break the beans apart.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 equal patties and shape into rounds, approximately 1/2-inch thick.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan and allow a little extra for puddling. (You may not need the whole 2 Tablespoons.)
4. When the oil is hot, place the burgers into the oil and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes per side. You want it to be brown and crisp, but not burnt! If the burger appears to be cooking too fast, reduce the heat. You want to make sure it cooks throughout because of the egg.
5. I like to serve my black bean burgers with a thin slice of melted provolone, a handful of baby spinach and a heaping spoon of whole grain dijon style mustard on a toasted roll.
Post a Comment