The Superfood Scramble combines the health benefits of not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR known superfoods in one easy meal. Just look at some of the health benefits of the ingredients:
Avocado: Promotes Heart Health, Anti-Inflammatory, Regulates Blood Sugar, Antioxidants
Onion: Promotes Heart Health, Supports Bone Density, Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-Cancer
Spinach: Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-Cancer, Antioxidants, Supports Bone Health
Tomato: Antioxidants, Promotes Heart Health, Supports Bone Health, Anti-Cancer
1/2 Tablespoon Butter
1/4 Small Yellow Onion, Thinly Sliced
5 Grape Tomatoes, Halved
2 Egg Whites
1/2 Cup Baby Spinach
1 Tablespoon Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 pinch Salt
1 pinch Black Pepper
1/2 Ripe Avocado, Sliced
1. In a small skillet, over medium-low heat, melt 1/2 Tablespoon butter. Add the onion and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes, until tender.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the egg and egg whites. Pour over the onions and tomatoes. Using a spatula, carefully begin stirring the eggs. Add the spinach.
3. Cook the eggs and vegetables over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently to provide a light and fluffy scramble. If the egg is setting too quickly, reduce the heat.
4. When the scramble is almost completely set, sprinkle with cheese, salt and pepper (to taste). Continue to gently stir.
5. Lay the sliced avocado on a plate and then top with the warm scramble.
6. Serve and enjoy immediately.