So it was Easter morning and I was up early to make a warm breakfast for my husband and me before heading out to Easter Service at church. As I thought about all the things I could make, quiche kept coming to mind. This quiche recipe is quick and easy. For an added bonus, there are TONS of veggies loaded into this healthy, family breakfast. By the way, leftovers are great!
1/4 Cup Skim Milk
1 Tablespoon Flour
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Button Mushrooms
1/4 Cup Fineld Chopped Baby Spinach
1 Tablespoon Finely Minced Onion
4 Strips Crisp-Cooked Bacon, Chopped
1/2 Cup Monterey/Colby Jack Blend Shredded Cheese
1/2 Tablespoon Butter
Preheat Oven Temperature: 350 degrees
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the milk and eggs until slightly foamy. Slowly add the flour while whisking to avoid lumps.
2. Add the salt, pepper, mushrooms, spinach, onions, bacon and cheese. Stir thoroughly to combine.
3. Place a clear, glass 9-inch pie pan on a large cookie sheet. Completely coat the inside of the pie pan with butter. Pour the quiche mixture into the pie pan, making sure to keep it moving to avoid lumping up of the filling in one location.
4. Carefully place the cookie sheet with the pie pan into the oven.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until completely set in the middle.
6. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.