Ingredients: Preheat Temperature: 350 degrees
2 Large Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
4 Tablespoons Orange Marmalade
2 Tablespoons Sherry
1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1 teaspoon Freshly Minced Garlic
1/2 to 3/4 Cup Flour
1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds, plus more for garnish
3 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If you are working with bone-in chicken (as you know I am), remove the skin and debone. Once the meat is boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes. Place into a shallow bowl just large enough to hold the meat.
- Combine soy, marmalade, sherry, pepper flakes, ginger and garlic in a bowl. Pour approximately half of the mixture onto the meat. Reserve the remaining for the glaze. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- After the meat has marinaded, combine flour and sesame seeds in a resealable plastic bag. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and shake to remove excess moisture. Toss in the dry mixture and place onto a large baking sheet.
- Pour the melted butter over the chicken and bake for 20 minutes, turning the pieces over after 10 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, pour the reserved liquid into a sauce pot and reduce by at least half until a glaze form.
- When the chicken is golden, remove from the oven and toss with the glaze before plating.
- Sprinkle additional sesame seeds for garnish.
Note: I served this meal with a side of brown rice sauteed with stir-fried vegetables.