It is Sunday morning and time for a warm breakfast for a cool spring morning. As I take inventory of what I have on hand, I notice some bananas and Greek yogurt ready to be used. This recipe combines the fiber of bananas and oatmeal, the sweetness of honey, and the protein of Greek yogurt. The texture is very similar to a bran muffin, but moist and sweet.
1 Stick Softened Butter/Margarine
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (Not Packed)
1/2 Cup Pure Clover Honey
1 Cup Quick Cook Oats
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/8 teaspoon Salt
5.3 Ounces Plain Greek Yogurt
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 Cup Blueberries
1. Beat bananas in a stand mixer until creamy.
2. Add butter/margarine, brown sugar, and honey to the banans. Mix until combined. (2 minutes)
3. Add the eggs, one at a time. Mix to combine.
4. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the mixer and combine. Add 1/2 of the yogurt and combine. Repeat the process 2 more times, ending with the flour. Mix for 1 minute.
5. Add the vanilla; mix for 30 seconds.
6. Carefully add the blueberries to the batter.
7. Spoon into a muffin tin that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
***Note: I made 6 giant muffins, but this would make 12-15 regular muffins. If you make smaller muffins, you may need to adjust the cooking time.