The other night I had a sudden craving for oatmeal raisin cookies and peanut butter. I ran to the kitchen and threw together these cookies. The texture of these cookies are more cake-like than the typical oatmeal cookie, satisfying my love of soft, tender cookies. You probably have all the ingredients for these cookies lying around in your pantry right now!
This recipe yields 24 large cookies.
1 Stick Butter/Margarine, Softened
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Sugar
4 Tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
2 Cups Quick Cook Oats
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Raisins
1. Cream butter, sugars, and peanut butter in a stand mixer for 3 minutes, or until fluffly.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, combining thoroughly after each addition.
3. Add the cinnamon, baking powder, and vanilla. Stir.
4. Slowly incorporate the oats and flour into the mixture.
5. Carefully fold in the raisins.
6. Place heaping tablespoons of batter onto ungreased cookie sheet with 1-inch apart.
7. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 13-15 minutes, until slightly golden.
8. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheets before removing to the serving dish.