As most people know, grilled chicken can become boring very fast. However, we love to put a spin on the standard chicken with new spice blends and marinades. This recipe provides a slight spice to the chicken without being overtly hot. By marinading the chicken, the flavors are allowed to fully penetrate the meat. By grilling over charcoal, an extra layer of flavor is added to the meal.
6 Chicken Thighs
6 Tablespoons Pinot Grigio
2 Tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 Large Yellow Onion, Peeled and Quartered
4 Cloves Garlic, Peeled and Sliced
1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1. Place all ingredients inside a large, resealable bag. Gently massage the meat to thoroughly coat the chicken and combine the ingredients.
2. Set the sealed bag in a large bowl.
3. Place in the refrigerator for 5 hours to marinate, turning over at least once during the marinating process.
4. When you are ready to grill, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and allow to sit on the counter while the grill heats.
5. Prepare your grill to medium heat. Place the chicken on the grill, skin side down. Close the grill lid.
6. Cook the chicken for 15 minutes, turning when browned on each side. You want to cook the meat slow enough to crisp the skin while cooking throughout. If your grill is too hot, the skin will burn and the inside will still be raw. If your grill is too cool, the chicken will smoke instead of cook and the time will be increased.
7. Serve immediately.
Note: You can use this same marinade recipe with other cuts of chicken as well as pork chops.