Preheat Oven Temperature: 350 degrees
4 Cups Entertaining Meatballs , cut in half
15 ounces Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
9 ounces Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
8 Lasagna Noodles
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1. Heat a large pot of water on the stove over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil. Drizzle in vegetable oil (optional). Cook the lasagna noodles for 4 minutes and then remove to a sheet pan lined with wax paper. Lay a new sheet of wax paper between each layer to prevent sticking while cooling.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, and egg. Make sure the spinach is completely drained of water; I like to place the spinach into a kitchen towel and then twist to ensure all moisture is removed, in order to avoid a soggy filling.
3. Arrange all of your layering ingredients close to your 9x9 baking dish. I like to cut the noodles in half (horizontal) to make them fit in my dish better.
|Image of the layering in progress|
5. After the 3rd layer, top with the remaining 2 noodles, sauce, and a layer of cheese.
|Ready to go in the oven (minus foil)|
6. Loosely cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, gently remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the top is bubbly.
7. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.
|Image of the Layers|
1. Make sure to cover loosely. If you allow the foil to touch, the cheese will pull off when the foil is removed.
2. With using a 9x9 pan, I used 2 whole noodles on each layer, cut them in half across the middle, and then placed to fill the space.