Preheat Oven Temperature: 425 degrees
1 1/3 Cup Self-Rising Yellow Corn Meal (Tenda-Bake brand)
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
3/4 Cup Whole Milk
1 Egg, beaten
1. Spray a 6x8 glass baking dish with non-stick spray. You need to use a glass baking dish to ensure browning of the bottom.
2. In a large measuring cup (4 cup), combine the corn meal and sugar.
3. Add the oil, milk, and egg to the corn meal mixture and stir well to combine.
4. Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to thicken. Do not disturb it during this time.
5. Pour into your prepared dish and place in the preheated oven.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy!