Note: This recipe makes approximately 4 cups of sauce.
29 ounces Canned Whole Peeled Tomatoes
1 Small Yellow Onion, Chopped
1 Clove Garlic, Chopped
2 teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
3 Tablespoons Sugar
2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
1. In a large sautee pan with lid, sautee onion and garlic in vegetable oil for 7 minutes over medium heat.
2. Add the salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and parsley to the pan and stir for 1 minutes. This allows the seasonings time to toast and infuse the oil.
3. Add the canned tomatoes and break apart with your spoon. You are not looking for a smooth mixture right now; you just want to start breaking the tomatoes down. If you are looking for a perfectly smooth texture, you should puree the tomatoes in a blender before adding them to the pan.
4. Add the sugar and stir to combine.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer.
6. Continue to simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours stirring occassionally.