3 Tablespoons Butter
1 Cup White Rice
1 Cup Chicken Broth, no salt added
1 Cup Water
3 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Canola Oil
3/4 Cup Carrots, finely diced
1/2 Cup Onion, chopped
1 Large Garlic Clove, sliced
5 Button Mushrooms, quartered
2 Cups Cooked Ham, cubed
1 Cup Frozen Peas
5 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Teriyaki Sauce
1. In a large saucepan, melt 1 Tablespoon butter. Pour 1 cup uncooked white rice into the butter and sautee for 1 minutes. Add the chicken broth and water. Stir. Bring to a simmer. Cover and reduce heat to low. When all liquid is gone, turn heat off and leave covered until needed for sautee.
***While the rice is cooking, prepare the rest of your ingredients.***
2. Melt 2 Tablespoons butter with 3 Tablespoons canola oil over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the carrots and onion. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes until the carrots are tender. Stir occassionally.
3. Add the sliced garlic and sautee for 2 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and ham to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally.
5. Add frozen peas, prepared rice, soy and teriyaki sauces. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
6. While the rice heats and marinates the flavors in the pan, scramble the 2 eggs in another pan in 1 teaspoon canola oil.
7. Add the scrambled egg to the rice mixture. Stir and serve.