Ingredients: Preheat Oven Temperature: 275 degrees (2 hours) 2 Pounds Black Angus Bottom Round Roast 350 degrees (45 mins-1 hour)
2 Small Yellow Onions, Peeled and Quartered
4 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
7 Ounce Can Chipotles in Adobo
14 Ounces Water
1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
Toppings of Choice (Sour Cream, Salsa, Guacamole)
1. Place the meat, onions, and garlic in a large dutch oven; I use the Rachel Ray 4-Qt Round Dutch Oven. Pour the can of chipotles over the meat and allow to remain on top. Using the same can, fill with water and pour into the pot. Fill and pour twice for a total of 14 ounces. This allows all of the spices to be used instead of thrown away; no point in wasting the spice blend you have purchased! Sprinkle with salt. Add Worcestershire and Vinegar to base of pan and stir slightly to combine.
2. Cover the pot with lid and place in preheated 275 degree oven. Allow to cook at least 2 hours.
3. One hour before serving crank the heat up to 350 degrees. After 45 minutes check for fork tenderness and flaking. If the meat does not pull easy, cover and place back in the oven.
4. When the meat is fork tender, remove and allow to sit on the stove, covered, for at least 5 minutes.
5. Remove the rested meat from the pot and use two forks to pull/shred. Place the shredded meat in a dish and spoon over the reserved pan juice to moisten the meat.
6. Serve the meat in a rice tortilla and top with your choice of flavors. I highly recommend sour cream or guacamole to balance some of the heat.
7. Store the leftovers in their juices and use for more tortillas or to top salads.