FOR THE BATTER
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1 pinch Salt
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Cup Frozen Blueberries
FOR THE TOPPING
3 Tablespoons Chopped Pecans
2 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat the muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
3. Whisk the wet ingredients together in a large measuring cup.
4. Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. The batter will be lumpy and thick. Stir the blueberries into the batter.
5. Evenly distribute the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
6. Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the top of the batter.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and the spring back to the touch. You can test with a toothpick for doneness if you are not sure.
8. Remove from the oven and carefully run a knife around the edges of the muffins. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before inverting from the pan.