Preheat Oven Temperature: 350 degrees
Yield: 15 Cookies
1 Stick Margarine (8 Tbsp)
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup High Quality Dark Chocolate Candy Bar, chopped
1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar (for rolling)
1. In a stand mixer, beat the margarine, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. This should take about 3 minutes. You want them to incorporate well.
2. While the sugar is mixing, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Add the egg to the margarine and sugar mixture. Combine well. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the wet, making sure to thoroughly combine before the next addition.
5. On a chopping board, carefully chop your choice of chocolate. I used a Belgian dark chocolate bar with almonds. You can use any high quality chocolate of your choice.
6. Stir the chocolate chunks into into the batter. This will take some muscle!
7. Arrange an assembly line with your batter then a bowl with powdered sugar and then an ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch off the dough and using your hands, roll into 1.5" diameter balls. Roll the chocolate balls into the powdered sugar and then roll again in your hand to dust off excess. Place on your cookie sheet, allowing room around each cookie.
8. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes before removing.